OTT is primarily responsible for commercializing the innovations generated by UA faculty, staff and students, either through licenses to industry partners or via the formation of spin-off enterprises based on UA technologies.
To effectively manage and deploy the intellectual property assets of the University thereby generating benefits for UA, the community and the general public.
What We Do
- Disclosure Facilitation - OTT works with researchers and faculty to provide advice about potential technology transfer issues during research activities and assists in the invention reporting process.
- Patenting and Other Protections - We provide guidance in planning an effective patent strategy and handle all implementation details during the protection process.
- Start-up Assistance - We provide assistance in analyzing potential opportunities to form a start-up based upon UA technology and encourage this interaction during the early invention reporting process.
- Licensing - We assist (in collaboration with AIME) in technical and market assessments and actively market UA technologies to industry partners. We create secrecy, evaluation, material transfer, option and license agreements with these industry partners to effectively get our technology into the commercial marketplace.
- Legal Support - Our office works closely with UA’s Office of Counsel to provide legal guidance and assistance for all of our UA technology transfer activities.
- Education - We provide guidance to interested parties on intellectual property issues as well as UA’s policies & procedures.
The Benefits of OTT
- Results of University research are deployed to improve our quality of life
- Commercialization efforts often lead to expanded university research opportunities
- Activities lead to valuable educational experiences for students which augment classroom teachings
- Technology commercialization creates job opportunities for graduates, and positive economic development for the community, the state and the general public